Academic papers and professional articles contributing to the integral vision,
critical thinking and deeper understanding of potentials of human consciousness in everyday life.
- Knowledge in perception and illusion, Richard L Gregory
(more papers on the subject of active perception and brain research >>)
- Cognition does not affect perception: Evaluating the evidence for ‘top-down’ effects by Chaz Firestone & Brian J. Scholl
- Voluntary switching between identities in dissociative identity disorder: A functional MRI case study by Savoy, R. L. et. al., Cognitive Neuroscience, 2012 / 06 Vol. 3; Iss. 2
- Neuroplasticity and neuromodulation in children by Laura Silveira-Moriyama, European Journal of Paediatric Neurology Vol. 21, Issue 1, 2016
Adult Neuroplasticity: More Than 40 Years of Research by Fuchs, Eberhard and Flügge, Gabriele
- How the amygdala affects emotional memory by altering brain network properties Hermans, Erno J. et. al., Neurobiology of Learning and Memory, 07 Vol. 112, 2014
- The neurobiology of psychedelic drugs: implications for the treatment of mood disorders Vollenweider, Franz X., Kometer, Michael, Nature Reviews Neuroscience, Vol. 11; Iss. 9, 2010
- Neurobiological perspectives of free will and freedom of choice, Daniel A. Drubach, Spirituality and Health International, 2008 Vol. 9; Iss. 2
- Improving Students' Learning With Effective Learning Techniques: Promising Directions From Cognitive and Educational Psychology, Dunlosky, J., Psychological Science in the Public Interest, 2013 / 01 Vol. 14; Iss. 1
- Emotional Objectivity: Neural Representations of Emotions and Their Interaction with Cognition, Todd, Rebecca M. et. al., Annual Review of Psychology, 2020 / 01 Vol. 71; Iss. 1
- Memory and Sleep: How Sleep Cognition Can Change the Waking Mind for the Better, Paller, Ken A., Annual Review of Psychology, 2021 / 01 Vol. 72; Iss. 1
- Self-actualization and individuation by Dr John Rowan, An International Journal for Humanistic Psychology, Volume 43, 2015
- Understanding others, reciprocity, and self-consciousness by Katja Crone, Phenomenology and the Cognitive Sciences, volume 17, pages267–278 (2018)
- Self-Actualization Myths: What Did Maslow Really Say? by Compton, William C., Journal of Humanistic Psychology, 2018 / 03
- The Negative Side of Positive Psychology, Barbara S. Held, Journal of Humanistic Psychology, 2004 / 01 Vol. 44; Iss. 1
The Origins of Transpersonal Psychology by Hazel Guest, British Journal of Psychotherapy, Vol 6(1), 1989
Wilber and me by Dr John Rowan, An International Journal for Humanistic Psychology, Volume 44, 2016
The value of the Transpersonal in psychotherapy and in everyday life by Edmond Cigale, Europe's Journal of Psychology, Vol. 5 No. 1, 2009
An overview of transpersonal psychology, Davis, John, The Humanistic Psychologist, 2003 / 03 Vol. 31; Iss. 2-3
- On the pragmatic value of the transpersonal state of awareness: changing beliefs and emotions, Edmond Cigale, Rushmore University, 2011
- Copenhagen Quantum Mechanics Emerges from a Deterministic Schrödinger Theory in 11 Dimensional Spacetime Including Weak Field Gravitation, Doyen, G., Drakova, D., Foundations of Physics, 2015 / 8 Vol. 45; Iss. 8
(download PDF >>)
- Quantum entanglement, Horodecki, Ryszard et. al., Review of Modern Physics, 2009 Vol. 81; Iss. 2
(download PDF >>)
- Buddhism and Quantum Physics: A strange parallelism of two concepts of reality, Thomas Kohl, Christian, Contemporary Buddhism, 2007 Vol. 8; Iss. 1
- Intergenerational transmission of trauma effects: putative role of epigenetic mechanisms, Rachel Yehuda, Amy Lehrner, World Psychiatry, 2018 / 10 Vol. 17; Iss. 3
- Principles and Challenges of Applying Epigenetic Epidemiology to Psychology
Jones, Meaghan J. et. al., Annual Review of Psychology, 2018 / 01 Vol. 69; Iss. 1
- The role of epigenetics for understanding mental health difficulties and its implications for psychotherapy research, Kumsta, Robert, Psychology and Psychotherapy: Theory, Research and Practice, 2019 / 03
- Quantum effects in the understanding of consciousness by Stuart R. Hameroff
- The Soul, as an Uninhibited Mental Activity, is Reduced into Consciousness by Rules of Quantum Physics by Mehmet Emin Ceylan et. al.
- Readiness-potentials preceding unrestricted 'spontaneous' vs. pre-planned voluntary acts: Comparison of motor preparation potentials preceding a voluntary motor act either spontaneous free or pre-programmed, Libet, Benjamin, Electroencephalography and Clinical Neurophysiology, Volume 54, Issue 3, September 1982, Pages 322-335
- Readiness Potential and Neuronal Determinism: New Insights on Libet Experiment, Karim Fifel, Journal of Neuroscience, 2018
- Consciousness and the Problem of Free Will by Allakhverdov, V. M., Neuroscience and Behavioral Physiology, 2019 / 6 Vol. 49; Iss. 5
- Psychophysiological Correlates of Lucid Dreaming by Brigitte Holzinger et. al.
Induction of lucid dreams: A systematic review of evidence by Tadas Stumbrys et. al.
- Lucid Dreaming, Nightmares, and Sleep Paralysis: Associations With Reality Testing Deficits and Paranormal Experience/Belief, Drinkwater, Kenneth G. et. al., Frontiers in Psychology, 2020 / 3 Vol. 11
- Stephen T. Davis: After we die: theology, philosophy, and the question of life after death, Strickland, Lloyd, International Journal for Philosophy of Religion, 2018 / 6 Vol. 83; Iss. 3
- Talking about dying and death: On new discursive constructions of a formerly postulated taboo, Wildfeuer, J. et. al., Discourse & Society, 2015 / 05 Vol. 26; Iss. 3
- Potential Use of Ayahuasca in Grief Therapy, González, Débora, OMEGA - Journal of Death and Dying, 2017
- The near-death experience (NDE) as an inherited predisposition: Possible genetic, epigenetic, neural and symbolic mechanisms, James Lake, Medical Hypotheses, 2019 / 05 Vol. 126
- Twenty cases suggestive of reincarnation, by Ian Stevenson, Transcultural Psychiatry, 1969 / 10 Vol. 6; Iss. 2
- Taking reincarnation seriously: a critical discussion of some central ideas from John Hick, Burley, Mikel, International Journal of Philosophy and Theology, 2014 / 05 Vol. 75; Iss. 3
- Reincarnation and Biology: A Contribution to the Etiology of Birthmarks and Birth Defects, Christopher F. Roth, Anthropology of Consciousness, 1998 Vol. 9; Iss. 2-3
- Journal of Consciousness Studies
Discipline: Cognitive science, neurophysiology, philosophy
Web site: https://www.imprint.co.uk/product/jcs/
- Cognitive Neuroscience, Current Debates, Research & Reports
Discipline: Cognitive neuroscience including perception, attention, memory, language, action, social cognition, and executive function.
Web site: https://www.tandfonline.com/toc/pcns20/current
- Behavioral and Brain Sciences
An International Journal of Current Research and Theory with Open Peer Commentary
Discipline: psychology, neuroscience, behavioral biology, or cognitive science
- Cognitive Neuropsychology
Discipline: human cognition research, including brain pathology, brain imaging, and the study of developmental deficits.
The Humanistic Psychologist
Discipline: qualitative, quantitative, and mixed methods research; humanistic, existential, constructivist, and transpersonal theories and psychotherapies.
Discipline: ethics and the brain sciences, including the ethical, social, and legal dimensions of neuroscience.
Self & Society
An International Journal for Humanistic Psychology
Discipline: traditional humanistic approaches (e.g. Gestalt, person-centered, transactional analysis, encounter and group work, psychodrama, primal integration, focusing, body therapy, and co-counseling).
Europe’s Journal of Psychology (EJOP)
Discipline: scientific psychology featuring original studies, research, critical contributions, interviews, and book reviews written by and intended for psychologists worldwide.
- The British Psychological Society
Offering eleven journals!
- Foundations of Physics
An International Journal Devoted to the Conceptual Bases and Fundamental Theories of Modern Physics
Discipline: the debates on the nature of space and time involving Newton and later Einstein; on the nature of heat and of energy; on the nature of matter and measurement during the early days of quantum theory; on the meaning of renormalization, and many others.
- Integrative Psychological and Behavioral Science
Discipline: the cultural nature of human conduct and its evolutionary history, anthropology, ethology, communication processes between people and within, as well as between, societies.
- Journal of Neuroscience
Discipline: papers on a broad range of topics of general interest to those working on the nervous system
- Anthropology of Consciousness
Discipline: The journal supports rigorous and empirically-based inquiries into consciousness that utilize diverse methodologies, including ethnographic, scientific, experiential, historical, and alternative ways of knowing.
- International Journal of Philosophy and Theology
Discipline: Provides research at the intersection of philosophy and theology while stimulating creative discussion on the philosophy of religion.